Monday, February 3, 2014

2014 Rock 'n' Roll New Orleans Marathon & Half Marathon

Oh the fun I had in New Orleans! Ya gotta love the New Orleans Rock N Roll half marathon when it rolls around in February. Thanks to Team CHOCOLATE MILK I was provided a bib to race this with my GTS/Team CHOCOLATE MILK team. This was one of the first races where 7 out of 8 of the members were able to participate in it.

Here's a quick trailer I made of my GoPro footage from the race enjoy!





Here's the full video. I wasn't feeling like GoProing too much during this run but tried my best to get some shots.


We went out Friday night to have some fun on Bourbon street and then on Saturday night we had a little less fun and a little more pasta. Got back to the hotel at about 9 o'clock and quickly went to bed so that we could awaken at 4:45 am.

My plan for this race was to mimic my marathon pace for the Gusher marathon in March so I tried my best to keep it at a 10:30 pace. Nothing really interesting to report except while I was GoProing there was a guy who said he watched 10 of my videos the night before and was some what of a fan of mine. Pretty crazy to be approached by complete strangers for my videos.

Finished the race in 2:15:15 which was actually about 4 minutes faster than my Houston Half Marathon so I was pretty happy with that. If I told you that this was an easy race for me I'd be lying. Still need to do a lot more training to try to get my fitness level up to a marathon level.


Getting some low-fat chocolate milk in me at the end of a race is always a treat and this race was no different. Right after I crossed I skipped the water, skipped the gatorade, and went straight for the Chocolate milk. It's been my go to drink to recover for some time now and I love it!

Did you race RnR NOLA? Tell me about it in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment