Wednesday, June 12, 2013

GTS run and Spirit of the Marathon II

The "Spirit of the Marathon" was a great movie that really inspired me to run my first marathon so when I heard they were making a sequel to it I knew I had to go see it. The "Spirit of the Marathon II" was a one night only showing where a portion of the proceeds from the ticket sales would go to help the families effected by the tragic bombings at the Boston Marathon. Since the one night showing fell on on the same night as one of my Golden Triangle Strutter group runs. I decided that it would be a good idea to move my run over to the theater and then we could all watch the movie.




The movie introduced us to 7 runners and the journey's they take towards running the Rome marathon. I love how they feature every kind of runner on there like the elites, mid-packers, charity runners, and first timers. Really inspirational and I loved sharing the experience with my running group.




No comments:

Post a Comment