Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014 is my year to get fit! Really fit!

2013 wasn't the best year for me fitness wise. I ran about 750 miles in 2013 which was the lowest miles I've run for a year since I started running. Why is this? I HAVE NO IDEA!!! Well I have some idea, somewhere along the way I lost my motivation to run and to workout but I'm back at it for 2014! I know my blog has been inundated with Reviews and Giveaways in 2013 and while I don't plan on not doing them in 2014, I do plan on writing more personal content on here. So for 2014 my goals are to:

1. GET FASTER and PR in all distances!
  • 5k: 22:59
  • 10k: 46:52
  • Half marathon: 1:50:49
  • Marathon: 4:21:50
2.  Stay consistent with a training plan.
  • I usually don't stick to a training plan and just go by feel. It's bit me in the butt more times than I would like to admit. So I'm gonna let Hal Higdon's training plans do its thing and get me some new PR's!
3.  Do my first half Ironman!
  • Woah! What? SWIM! BIKE! RUN! Yes, I've been wanting to do a half Ironman and this is my year to do it!

4.  Get my weight in check!
  • I weighed myself at the end of 2013 and I was busting out at 232 lbs! Sure people love to tell me that it's muscle weight..... F THAT!! I'm going to get to 200 or below and stay there for good!



5. HAVE FUN!
  • Well none of this will be possible if I don't enjoy doing it. So I hope to be a little more active in my social networks and enjoy working out as much as possible!
What are your goals in 2014? Comment below to let me know, I'd really be interested to find out.

2 comments:

  1. WAIT! Are we going to attempt to do an half ironman together? Everyone gave me funny looks when I said I wanted to do one in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck ya! Let's do it Angela!! I'm looking to the Texas 70.3 in Galveston!

      Delete