Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Biggest Loser Half Marathon Round Rock: Race Report

So I headed up to Austin last weekend to run the Biggest Loser Half Marathon Round Rock race. My brother, Willie, wanted to run this race for his birthday and despite being undertrained I told him I'd do it. Why undertrained? Well mainly because I've been concentrating on lifting weights so my running has been put on the backburner but I'll leave that story for another post.

There seems to be a theme with these Biggest Loser races with having a ton of cones and a confusing course. I'm pretty sure we stayed off of all the roads in Round Rock, TX as they had us on sidewalks and running circles in parking lots. Because of all the turns and cones the majority of the runners only ran 11.5 mile instead of the full 13.1. Despite that it was a pretty scenic race with it going through parks and baseball fields.

For this race Willie paced me and helped shoot some footage. 


As you can see in the video it was a tough one for me but even so, I tried to make the best of it by enjoying being out there on a nice day. My feet once again were pretty tender after the run and I'm looking into buying something with more cushioning.

Did you run the race? Let me know what you thought of it by leaving a comment below.

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment