Thursday, July 16, 2015

The Goku Runner does the StrongLifts 5x5 program



I've always lifted at the gym but it wasn't until this year that I truly learned how to get strong. Last year I did a Spartan race and that's where I learned all my "muscles" were just for show. I had trouble flipping over those huge tires, climbing the rope, and especially with that sandbag pulley obstacle. Was I really that weak? I thought I looked strong but that clearly was not the case. That's when I realized that I should change things. I did some research and found the StrongLifts 5x5 program. It consisted of the main lifts which are the squat, overhead press, bench, deadlift, and Pendlay row. Basically you would workout 3 times a week alternating from workout A which was Squat/OH Press/Deadlift and workout B Squat/Bench/Row. Each workout you would also increase your weight 5 lbs.

I have never stuck to a workout program consistently but StrongLifts is different, it's relatively easy, short, and with the progress of my lifts I was excited to go to the gym each week. I've been doing this program since January and I've seen a big increase in my strength and in my appearance. I'm looking forward to see the strength gains I can make by the end of the year.

My goal is to get to the 1000 lb club which would be 1000 lb total for the Squat, Bench, and Deadlift. I'm sure that if I stick to this program I'll get there.

To find out more info on this program I suggest going to the StrongLifts 5x5 website and seeing the info that Mendhi has. http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

I made a video during my last workout to show y'all a preview of the StrongLifts program.

Happy Lifting!

1 comment:

  1. This amazing and looking nice..keep up the good work , hope your now in my reading list.

    ReplyDelete